For exceptional quality and value that you can count on, look no further than American made Federal American Eagle ammo!
This ammo is brand new, brass-cased, boxer-primed, non-corrosive, and reloadable. It is a staple range and target practice ammunition.
This is top of the line, American-made range ammo made by ATK (same company that makes Speer Lawman, CCI, Blazer Brass, etc) - it doesn't get any better.
Video Transcript:American Eagle is a brand of ammo from Federal, and part of the larger ATK family of ammo companies, along with CCI, Blazer, and Speer. American Eagle has a reputation for being some of Federal's best practice ammo, and it's also very affordable.
For this review, we had a chance to shoot a few rounds of one of the American Eagle .45 ACP loads. The reloadable brass case cartridges hold a 230 grain full metal jacket bullet, with a lead core. One notable feature of this version of the .45 load is the use of smaller pistol primers, rather than the large size primers, which are more commonly used with .45 ACP. Most people won't ever notice a difference, but if you plan to reload this brass, you'll need use small primers.
After we shot of box of this ammo, I collected the brass and reloaded it, using Federal Brand small pistol primers. Reliability was excellent both in the original ammo, and the reloads. We had no ignition problems or feeding failures in any of the guns we used for the review. Functionally, it looks like using a smaller pistol primer has little or no bearing on the performance of ammo. Recoil was pretty average for a .45 load, and wasn't noticeably different from most of the other brands that we've test. We used a full size Springfield Armory XDM pistol to test accuracy from the bench at 15 yards.
As with most American Eagle ammo we've reviewed, we got a really nice group, especially for a value priced plinking load. American Eagle is one of my personal favorite brands of ammo. And I wouldn't hesitate to use it for any range or practice application.
|Bullet Weight||230 Grain|
|Bullet Type||Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)|
|Ammo Caliber||.45 ACP (Auto)|
|Muzzle Velocity (fps)||890|
|Muzzle Energy (ft lbs)||404|
|Cost Per Round||37.0¢ per round|
Product Question and Answer
There are no entries.
- Only 45 I shoot Review by Matt
- Great Product and Super Service...........an unbeatable combo!! Review by Dan
- Great ammo- even better customer service Review by Clint
- 45 ACP AMMO Review by EODCHUCK
- Great ammo and fast, excellent service Review by Dave
- Great Value Review by Cush49
- Federal 45 ACP Review by FirstGen F-Body
- Great Ammo!!!!!!! Review by Patrick M
- American Eagle ammo is priced right and service was great Review by andy
The ammo preformed as expected no problems at all. (Posted on 5/9/12)
- Great value Review by cantorman
- Great Product at a Fair Price Review by Capt Bill
- Good Sale prices Review by Buyer
- THUMBS UP ON THIS AMMO Review by wdl4
- Feeds well Review by Chuck
- Good Range Ammo Review by Shadowspawn
- Good Value Practice Ammo Review by ssnark06
- Great value and quality! Review by Bjones211
- Good Practice Ammo Review by RD
Good and cheap ammo works well in my 1911. It didn't leave a whole lot of dirt in the gun.
That's good, but have to clean the gun anyway so it's a great ammo for the price and a good target
practice ammo. (Posted on 3/21/12)