Manufactured by the legendary Remington Arms Company, this product is brand new, nickel-plated brass-cased, boxer-primed, non-corrosive, and reloadable. It is a staple range and target practice ammunition used by many law enforcement agencies and avid shooters.
In 1816 Eliphalet Remington produced his own rifle in his smithing shop which was superior to commercially available rifles of the day. Ever since then, Remington has been leading the charge in technological innovation bringing superior products to the market.
Note: Remington's bullet type designation "metal case" is essentially the equivalent of full metal jacket.
Video Transcript:UMC stands for Union Metallic Cartridge Company, which was acquired by Remington back in 1912. Today Remington uses the UMC name for their less expensive line of range ammo. Just released in 2012, we now have the new UMC Target line.
The shell casings for UMC ammo are reloadable nickel plated brass, which is what you typically only find in high end self defense ammo. The nickel plating feeds a little better than normal brass for enhanced reliability. UMC Target also makes use of clean bore primers which are supposed to aid in reliable ignition of each round.
We tested a couple of boxes of UMC Target in nine millimeter with a 115 grain metal case bullet. Metal case is what Remington calls full metal jacket, so it's just a normal lead bullet with a copper jacket. As expected, the ammo ran great in all of our test guns without a single hiccup.
Accuracy was pretty good, shooting from the bench at 15 yards. We got very similar accuracy results to the normal Remington UMC, which we've previously shot, which isn't bad. It just looks like all the enhancements with this ammo are related to reliability rather than accuracy.
So Remington's definition of target ammo is not to be confused with super accurate precision ammo. With its enhance reliability and decent accuracy, I think Remington UMC Target makes a great range ammo, and may be good for use in some types of competition, like the action shooting sports.
|Bullet Weight||115 Grain|
|Bullet Type||Metal Case (MC)|
|Ammo Casing||Nickel-Plated Brass|
|Ammo Caliber||9mm Luger (9x19)|
|Muzzle Velocity (fps)||1145|
|Muzzle Energy (ft lbs)||335|
|Cost Per Round||42.0¢ per round|
Product Question and Answer
There are no entries.
- Favorite practice ammunition Review by labillyboy
- Very good value Review by rocquenroll
- Fast delivery Review by WW
WW (Posted on 11/14/12)
- Excellent ammo Review by catfish774
If your gun won't work with this ammo, you need a better gun! (Posted on 10/4/12)
- Great Ammo Review by Tom
- Love this Remington Nickel plated cases Review by labillyboy
- great people to work with Review by joylepasu
- Great Ammo Review by redrogue
- good product at great price Review by el
- Have some fun TODAY! Review by RockmanDan
- Great Service, Fast Shipping, super polite custumer service, good product Review by Shaun
- No problems Review by Dan
- Jams in Beretta 9000S Review by John
- No good for Beretta 9000S Review by John
- Reliable Ammo Great Service Review by Ron
- Recent order experience impressive Review by TomH
- Great ammo, Great Deal Review by smokinpete
Not one failure, bought 1000 rounds, clean burn and accurate. The only place to get your ammo, recommend to all. Quick, courteous and on the ball company. Thanks again! (Posted on 3/17/11)
- Excellent but dirty. Review by Ace boogie
- Great ammo cheap price Review by Donnie p
- A round that Does the Job. Review by Blondebear