This bulk product is great for target practice, plinking, or hunting. It is economical, reliable, and guaranteed to bring fun and enjoyment. It is new production and non-corrosive.
Safe and happy shooting!
Video Transcript:The Blazer line of ammo is part of the CCI Speer Brand. Along with Federal and several other brands, they make up the ATK family of ammo products. The Blazer line is some of the most popular and affordable US-made ammo on the market. We got a chance to try out a whole value pack of their 22 long rifle loader.
The Blazer round features a brass cased 22 lead round nose. With 525 rounds per box, you get a ton of shooting at just pennies per round. Each lead bullet is covered in a thin coat of wax, which acts as a lubricant. You might often associate lead-tipped ammo with dirty ammo, but this Blazer load has a clean burning propellant that doesn't leave much powder residue behind. The 40 grain bullet exits the muzzle at around 1,235 feet per second. That classifies it as a high-velocity round.
Despite the spotty reputation of both 22 long rifle ammo and the lead round nose bullets, we experienced better than average reliability in the six test guns that we used for this ammo. We did have one or two stove pipe ejection failures, but overall, the ammo fit consistently without getting hung up on the feed ramps, and there were no light primer strikes. With the temperamental nature of rimfire guns and ammo, your results may vary, but for our test, reliability was admirable over a variety of different firearms.
Accuracy was respectable for bulk pack ammo. We shot a 10-round group from our benchrest at 50 yards using a Stock Marlin 795 rifle with a low power optic. Our group wasn't exactly impressive, but was relatively consistent, and the ammo performed good enough to be a dependable plinking load.
For economical and reliable shooting, you don't have to look any further than the Blazer bulk pack. Each box has enough rounds for hours of fun, and you'll probably spend a lot more time actually shooting than clearing malfunctions.
|Bullet Weight||40 Grain|
|Bullet Type||Lead Round Nose (LRN)|
|Ammo Caliber||.22 Long Rifle (LR)|
|Muzzle Velocity (fps)||No|
|Muzzle Energy (ft lbs)||No|
|Cost Per Round||8.0¢ per round|
Product Question and Answer
There are no entries.
- Excellent ammo Review by Patriot Trainer
After building a custom 10-22 I bought about 20 different types of 22lr ammo to accuracy test with. Without exception this ammo fired the tightest groups and averaged 1265fps. over my chronograph. I got smaller than dime size 10 shot groups at 50 yards, and at 100 yards the typical group could be covered with a nickel.
Best group with this ammo so far came using my Rem. 40XB which was a .367" 10 shot group @ 100 yds.
I will be ordering at least 2 of the 5250 round cases soon. It also does a pretty good job on Coyotes at 75 yds. 4 clean headshot kills in the last week. Very good performance, very little powder or lead fouling in any of my rifles or handguns. (Posted on 10/19/12)
- Great stuff Review by SRMark
- Amazing bargain, works great so far Review by Nick in TX
- My 3 Rugers eat this up like candy. A couple Phoenix pistols also feed on these. Review by Falcons440
- Blazer Rocks Review by Boots
- About that Kimber .22 Converter... Review by Charles
If you use the converter a lot, you may want to try swapping out the Kimber's #20 hammer spring for a #17. The hammer resists the the slider less, but I've read that I should expect faster wear on the slider and the recoil spring if I switch back to .45 cartridges.
These Blazer round nose .22 LRs jam about once per thousand rounds in a Marlin 795 auto-loader; hollow points jam more frequently. I have only 6000 rounds of CCI Blazer round noses left, so it's time to get more. LuckyGunner has a great price on .22 LR Blazers and snappy delivery. (Posted on 5/20/12)
- Pass on these Review by snaketail
- so far, so good Review by gjg
- Good product. Great value. My 1951 High Standard Victor is very fussy about what ammo it eats, because this semi-auto handgun does not have a feed ramp. High Standard Manufaacturing Company currently recommends only CCI standard velocity ammo. CCI Blazer Review by Jerry
- run 2 boxes Review by Ralph
- outstanding Review by ranger
- Good target Ammo Review by Citgo_Sucks
- Works fine for me Review by Konakongs
- Great for plinking Review by Navydoc
- The BEST by far for the price Review by Dreymac
This is the best 22 LR ammo for the price hands down. I go though 10,000 rounds a year in my S&W M&P rifle and pistol, AR 22 Conversion and my S&W 22a pistols. I will get an occasional FTF or FTE but not near as many as with other 22 LR ammo. It's as dirty as any other 22 LR ammo but feeds better because of the lead bullet. I clean everytime I shoot so I've never experienced a decrease in accuracy from the lead. I buy this and only this brand of 22 LR and recommend it to all my friends. When they bring that cheap remmington or winchester bulk box crap they end up shooting mine and buying CCI Blazer the next time. (Posted on 11/28/11)
- Good Ammo Review by Drsn
525 through an old Ruger 10/22.
They hit where we pointed them.
and they're cheap (Posted on 11/28/11)
- cheep Review by none
- I wouldn't take it into battle Review by Pat Riot
I get a coule of jams, < 1% but for the price it's pretty unbeatable. (Posted on 11/13/11)
- greatest bulk pack ever. Review by squirrel slayer
- Great Buy and dependable rounds Review by Tammy
it can be very versital in hunting and storage
It is always a great idea to look ahead to the future with might be our number one concern for 2012
ammo will sky rocket about mid 2012 due to all the predictions of what could happen to our world.
I want to be prepaired if for some chance the power goes out for months perhaps years and the prisons release millions of prisoners because they can no longer take care of them.and that will be the case if the power goes out for many years..you will have about 1 million walking the streets to take what you have to survive.
please do not think this is a joke.
they laughed at Noah while he build that ark.
see Utube for all that could happen in 2012 and you would worry about your protection then.
Tammy (Posted on 9/26/11)
- Excessive Leading Review by GoldenGopher
I consider this to be good ammo for the price, but you do lose consistent accuracy. (Posted on 9/26/11)
- Have a 223 M-4, add the 22 LR Bolt & Shoot Cheap Review by Hotrod
The 40 gr is perfect for the M-4 223/22LR bolt addition.
Buying the additional Bolt was ine of the best purchase's I ever made. I can practice w/ my M-4 but at 22 LR price's.. (Posted on 9/7/11)
- Jams every time Review by Jim
- great value 22LR Review by jdnick
- Can't beat the price Review by BulletBuster
With the soft lead bullets, you will need to make a couple of passes with a bore snake to clean and protect rifling but that's with all soft bullets. For the price, can't be beat. (Posted on 7/16/11)
- Love the CCI Blazer, Great Ammo at a Great price. Review by cebur19
I highly recommend the CCI Blazer because of the quality, accuracy, and low price. (Posted on 10/3/10)
- good value Review by eagle eye
- So far so good Review by Craig
- Blazer 22 LR Review by Sam
- Good price for bulk purchase Review by Ammohound
- would keep buying this 22 product Review by monkeybrains
- excellent bulk product Review by stranger263