This ammo is brass-cased, non-corrosive, and excellent for target practice!
Video Transcript:I've been shooting Aguila ammunition for a really long time. It's actually my favorite brand of rimfire ammunition, and the one that has been most reliable in all of my rimfire rifles. However, I hadn't used a lot of their centerfire ammunition before, so I was interested to see how this Aguila .223 ammo performed.
If you're not familiar with Aguila, you should know that they've been making ammunition in Mexico for over 50 years. The plant was originally set up under the supervision of Remington, and they have a lot of quality controls in place to ensure that the ammo they produce is as good as it can be.
One of the first things I noticed about this ammunition is that it was clean and polished. They obviously take pride in how it looks. The bullet is a 55 grain full metal jacket conical base with a big cannelure, and there was a good amount of neck tension, which should reduce chances of bullet setback in automatic rifles. The jacket is a copper alloy and the core is lead, so there isn't any steel and it won't attract a magnet. There is a crimped primer and the case itself is brass, so you can use it for reloading if you want.
At the range, I wasn't surprised to find that the ammo performed flawlessly in all of the rifles I tried it in. It was more than up to the task of hitting steel at 50 yards, and was accurate enough when I slowed down and took my time, too. The muzzle velocity was pretty good for .223 ammo, too.
Overall, there was a lot to like about this ammo, and nothing to dislike. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it in the future.
|Bullet Weight||55 Grain|
|Bullet Type||Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)|
|Ammo Caliber||.223 Remington|
|Muzzle Velocity (fps)||No|
|Muzzle Energy (ft lbs)||No|
|Cost Per Round||82.0¢ per round|
Product Question and Answer
Posted On: 6/17/12 By: Mike Miller
- Very good product Review by Camossp
- 223 Review by kajun gunner
- Good ammo for the price Review by David
(Posted on 11/5/12)
- Great practice ammo Review by KM
- 2nd Order Review by TBRaiders
- exellent ammo Review by billy
- Good Ammo Review by Dave G
- Nice pricing and shoots well Review by Mark
- good stuff Review by sospelotudo
- Great Value Ammo Review by Techjunkie
- Will order again Review by TBRaiders
- Lots of Jams Review by RH
- Great product Review by Joe
- Very nice target ammo Review by Jarrod
- Good cost to value Review by Gino01
(Posted on 7/7/12)
- Good buy Review by Ed
- Shoots good and priced right Review by BigDog
- Very good and inexpensive ammo... Review by Redemtive Shooter
- EXCELLENT CHOICE AT A GREAT VALUE Review by T.MHAMILTON
- Cheap But Still Quality Range Ammo Review by Erem
- Good solid performance Review by BullDog
- Great for range duty Review by P Shooter