Federal's Hydra-Shok JHP ammo is an excellent ammunition trusted by law enforcement agencies and carry-permit holders alike. This round features Federal's Hydra-Shok jacketed hollow points which utilize a unique center-post design that delivers controlled expansion. The notched jacket provides efficient energy transfer to penetrate barriers while retaining stopping power. The deep penetration of this jacketed bullet satisfies even the FBI's stringent testing requirements making this an ideal round for self-defense!
This product is brand new, nickel plated brass-cased, boxer-primed, non-corrosive, and reloadable.
This is top of the line, American-made defense ammo designed for Law Enforcement and occasionally made available to the general public through police trade-ins and made by ATK (same company that makes Speer Lawman, CCI, Blazer Brass, etc)
- it doesn't get any better.
|Bullet Weight||180 Grain|
|Bullet Type||Jacketed Hollow-Point (JHP)|
|Ammo Casing||Nickel-Plated Brass|
|Ammo Caliber||.40 S&W (Smith & Wesson)|
|Muzzle Velocity (fps)||1000|
|Muzzle Energy (ft lbs)||400|
|Cost Per Round||72.5¢ per round|
Product Question and Answer
Posted On: 5/7/13 By: EDL
- The best defense ammo Review by bob
- Excellent Review by Sgt Hooks
- Great ammo Review by Doc Gene
power is hard to prove, but Hydra-Shok has a very good reputation in that area. Ammo prices are so expensive that the days of shooting plates and targets with Hydra-Shok ammo are gone. But I keep a decent supply and shoot ammo when it reaches 15 to 20 years old, and throw in a mag of new ammo also.
In my opinion Hydra-Shok is the best for defence! (Posted on 6/20/13)
- Best Round out there for 40 cal. Review by Robwar
- My glock 22 gen 4 and I love these .40 cal.bullets. Review by bigpennypincher
- Great! Review by Gunner
- Good Ammo Great Price Review by Rick
- Great price and customer service Review by MBarb
- Great SD round Review by Blue
- Excellent Value Review by D