This is top of the line, American-made range ammo - it doesn't get any better.
The Champion line of ammo is Federal's less expensive range and training ammo, and is some of the most affordable brass cased ammo you can get in any brand.
The Champion ammo we tested is the 9mm FMJ 115 grain. This bullet is a little different than the traditional full metal jacket. It's actually a plated bullet, which is thinner than the traditional jacket, and is closed on the bottom side, it's totally enclosed in copper, so there's no exposed lead on it, which makes it really good for indoor ranges.
In all other respects, the plated bullet is fine and it doesn't cause any reliability issues, but they're not recommended for ported barrels. I've shot a lot of this ammo over the last couple of years, reliability is great, I didn't have any problem in my test guns. Accuracy is not outstanding, I'm not exactly the best shot in the world, but in our 15 yard benchrest test, the ten shot groups weren't quite as good as some of the other ammo we've tested. The root beer cans, on the other hand, didn't really seem to notice.
Overall, Federal Champion is a solid range ammo, especially if you reload and want to keep your brass.
|Bullet Weight||115 Grain|
|Bullet Type||Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)|
|Ammo Caliber||9mm Luger (9x19)|
|Muzzle Velocity (fps)||No|
|Muzzle Energy (ft lbs)||No|
|Cost Per Round||40.0¢ per round|
Product Question and Answer
There are no entries.
- Great Product Review by JJ
- Great product for accurate shooting at the range Review by FDMU11
- My favorite practice ammo for my XDM Review by kbam
- I have made several purchases from L.G. and have been very happy . Cost per round is a bit cheaper than from a mass merchandiser but it is delivered to your door, no cost of transportation to go pick it up. Review by Big Al 1954
- Great ammo at a great price Review by Nickalow
- Good value Review by David
- 600 rounds and Review by Soulrot
- great range ammo Review by freddysly20
- Great for the price Review by Soulrot