This ammo is brass-cased, non-corrosive, and excellent for target practice!
Video Transcript:Aguila ammo comes from the TECNOS Company, which has been around since 1961 when it was established by Remington in Mexico. They make ammo for the Mexican military and police, as well as civilians and governments in several other countries.
We tried out a couple of boxes of Aguila's .45 ACP load. Like most practice ammo, it uses a reloadable brass case with a large, non-corrosive primer. Each case carries an Aguila head stamp, allowing you to quickly identify the origin of your brass if you reload. The 230 grain bullets are lead core with a copper full metal jacket. The rounds come packaged in 50 round boxes with a plastic tray to hold the cartridges in place.
We tested the function and performance of this ammo using six reliable handguns from various popular manufacturers. We ran at least a couple of magazines through each gun and didn't have any malfunctions. Ejection patterns consistent, and there were no light primer strikes or other ignition problems.
Recoil seemed moderate for a 45 and was similar to most other loads that we've previously tested. In most respects, we found Aquila to be comparable to the more popular brands of 45 practice ammo.
Accuracy was tested at 15 yards using the Springfield XDM on a benchrest. The 10 shots formed a consistent 2 inch group just below the point of aim. We've tested a few other practice loads in 45 that were more accurate, but this kind of performance is on par with the majority of the brands out there, including many that are priced slightly higher than Aquila.
Overall, Aquila in 45 ACP is a great bargain for reloadable brass-cased range ammo that performs on par with some of the most well known brands in the country.
|Bullet Weight||230 Grain|
|Bullet Type||Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)|
|Ammo Caliber||.45 ACP (Auto)|
|Muzzle Velocity (fps)||No|
|Muzzle Energy (ft lbs)||No|
|Cost Per Round||50.5¢ per round|
Product Question and Answer
Posted On: 12/21/12 By: Oak
- Will buy more Review by Tufat
- Great Value Review by adiamond
- Great target ammo! Review by Boy in Blue
- Awesome service! Not my first rodeo with Lucky Gunner and will not be my last! Review by bILL
- poor performance Review by Ron
- Very Poor Ammo Review by Duke
- Reliable performance for the price! Review by Mully
- awesome Review by jeff
- Go9od for practice Review by jeric
Would buy again for range work. Not in my personal defense magazines. (Posted on 5/25/11)
- Good practice ammo at a fair price. Review by Elderly Gentleman
- Great quality and amazing price Review by Point
- Good shooting ammo for the price. Review by troop
- Good target ammo Review by Rodmaker